Our Environmental Policy
Winters recognises the importance of its activities in relation to the environment and has developed an Environmental Policy to address and comply with environmental issues and legislation, which includes the management and safe disposal of waste.
Winters are approved and registered with the Environment Agency for the transportation of controlled waste and has registered facilities for the environmentally safe disposal of batteries, luminaries, lamps and other hazardous waste.
In all areas of operation, we endeavour to:
- Safeguard the environment and promote sustainable development based upon economic and environmental considerations
- Reduce the unnecessary consumption of natural resources
- Use our considerable experience of working with the environment to contribute to the development of business practices that will benefit the community
- Deliver our goods and services in a manner that is environmentally acceptable and not damaging to the environment
- Educate and motivate our employees to comply with our Environmental Policy and seek ways to continuously improve our environmental performance