Telecomms & Media
Scope of Works
Power Upgrade, 1st Floor Colossus PoP
The works generally comprised the mechanical and electrical services associated with the power upgrade to the Colossus PoP and PoP extension accommodation at Reading Trunks, Reading, the aim being to provide an increase in the resilience of the existing power system supplying the equipment racks in both the Colossus PoP and PoP extension accommodation.
This required the installation of new PDU's, trunking mounted ‘B' socket outlets, additional power trunking installed within the floor void and connected into the existing power trunking system.
The contract included for the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the mechanical and electrical services installations, including:-
• Supply and installation of new PDU's.
• Sub main cabling.
• Under floor Power trunking & power cable trays.
• 16A Commando socket outlets.
• Final circuit cabling and connections.
• Fibre/copper cable basket.
• Power supply & isolation for new cooling unit.
• Local 230v supplies for water detection systems.
• Supply and installation of cooling unit.
• Supply and installation of water detection system.
• LV & UPS Power supply energy sub metering.
All works were completed within a 7 week period, with certain elements being carried out at night.